Where do toxins come from?
Unfortunately in the modern world, we are exposed to toxins all the time. From the time we wake and go about our day, we are exposed to toxins in the food we eat, the water we drink and bathe in, and even the air we breathe. While our liver, kidneys, and lymphatic system play a major role in removing toxins, our bodies have not evolved to deal with the growing number of toxins we are exposed to. Chronic exposure to toxins makes our bodies inflamed which can lead to sickness and disease.
Let ’s have a look at the types of toxins we come face to face which each day and look at how we reduce/minimise our toxic load!
- Food – pesticides, herbicides, preservatives, artificial colouring, and flavouring
- Water – fluoride, chlorine and heavy metals, parasites
- Environment – car flumes, pollution, molds chemical cleaning products
- Beauty and Personal Care Products – Endoncrine- disrupting chemicals such as Phthalates, Parabens which mimic hormones.
- Stress and negative emotions – anger, frustration, jealousy
- Pharmaceutical medications
- Internal toxins – such as bacteria, fungus, yeast, and parasites
And the list goes on!
So how can you minimise/reduce toxic burden
- Eat organically, unprocessed whole foods. If eating meat, always ensure it is organic, pasture-raised, and grass-fed not grain-fed beef.
- Drink plenty of water to flush those toxins! Invest in a good water filter that removes impurities such as fluoride, parasites, and heavy metals.
- Increase your blood flow by moving that gorgeous body of yours everyday!
- Get into nature and breath fresh air!
- Ensure your home/working environment is free from moulds
- Use natural cleaning products, hand sanitisers. For a low-cost option, you can make your own using essential oils!
- Ditch the chemicals and swap to natural make up and personal care products
- Minimise stress, practice gratitude, and develop strategies to deal with negative emotions such as meditation, journaling, breathwork!
- Sweat it out!! Hit up a gym class or sauna
- Do a coffee enema! Coffee enemas stimulate the liver and gallbladder to dump toxin containing bile!
Join our growing community of Happy Bums!
A group of like-minded individuals who are on the journey of taking back control over their health through the natural, safe and simple process of Enemas!
Got questions, need some support or inspiration? We are here for you.
SEND US A MESSAGE
We would love to hear from you!