What Enema’s can you use to help eliminate Candida?
Do you suffer from Candida?
Candida is a yeast, which lives on our skin, mucous surfaces, and in our digestive tract, together with trillions of other bacteria.
It is part of a healthy microbiome, even helping with the digestion and absorption of our food. However, when our microbiomes are disturbed and our beneficial bacteria are wiped out, Candida will take over the space that is created and creates a disbyosis in the gut. Our good gut bacteria can be destroyed by:
- high sugar, refined and processed foods diet
- exposure to chemicals, toxins, heavy metals
- chronic stress
- oral contraceptives, corticosteroids, PPI’s
- lack of fibre
- nutritional deficiencies
Candida is very clever, and therefore it can be tricky to deal with. In it’s yeast like state it is non invasive, but when it grows into plague size proportions, it can change the Ph in its environment (through the release of ammonia), and change into it’s ‘fungal’ state and grow rhizoids, long rootlike tentacles. These roots can then attach to, invade and penetrate the mucosal lining of our intestines. Our immune system responds to this with inflammation and this in turn creates ‘leaky gut syndrome’, whereby the toxins produced by the Candida, and food particles, can enter the bloodstream.
That’s when the immune system needs to work even harder, gets overloaded, exhausted and weakened, and we start to see food intolerances, allergies and autoimmune diseases. The liver also gets overburdened, trying to detoxify all the toxins released by the Candida, that are now in the bloodstream.
On top of all that, Candida creates a biofilm, in which it hides from our immune system, and it can switch back and forth from the yeast to the fungal state, by adjusting the Ph in its environment. All together a tricky little bugger!
In people with very suppressed immune systems, like organ transplant patients, and some cancer patients, the cells of the Candida itself can spread through the body. This is when we call it a systemic infection, which can become life threatening.
Symptoms of Candida
Some of the typical Candida symptoms are:
- brain fog, poor memory and focus
- fatigue (also caused by nutrient deficiency, when the Candida disturbs digestion and absorption)
- bloating, flatulence, constipation, diarrhoea
- recurring yeast infections
- depression, anxiety, mood swings
- weakened immune system, allergies and autoimmune diseases
- adrenal fatigue
- hormonal imbalances
- skin issues
- ‘hangovers’ or ‘auto-brewery-syndrome’(from the alcohol released by Candida)
- recurring UTI’s
- chronic sinus infections
- gout/joint pain (from uric acid)
- inability to digest food and absorb nutrients properly
Vaginal yeast infections, oral thrush, athlete’s foot and toe nail fungus are all types of Candida infections, and are often seen at the same time as intestinal Candida overgrowth.
Enemas that support the body to fight Candida overgrowth
- Coffee Enemas – the properties of the organic coffee when taken in an enema help to eradicate the yeast in the gut. These should be completed daily for best results.
- Oregano and Clove – These can be done in an implant or enema style. 3 drops of oregano and 3 drops of clove can work wonders to kill off candida and other bugs in the intestines. Keep in mind oregano oil is very strong and should not be used daily.
- Anti – Inflammatory Enemas – as the gut becomes inflamed from the yeast and symptoms of leaky gut are present, it can be very helpful to soothe the gut using an anti inflammatory enema.
- Garlic Enemas – garlic has known anti bacteria, anti viral and anti fungal properties making them very effective in the treatment of candida.
Time to bust out your Happy Bum Bag and get started! Good luck with your candida cleanse!
Join our growing community of Happy Bums!
A group of like-minded individuals who are on the journey of taking back control over their health through the natural, safe and simple process of Enemas!
Got questions, need some support or inspiration? We are here for you.
SEND US A MESSAGE
We would love to hear from you!